Skip to main content

LASTING LOVE


I was walking around in a Big Bazar store making shopping,  when I saw a Cashier talking to a boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.
 The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.   Then the little boy turned to me and asked: ''Uncle, are you sure   I don't have enough money?''

I counted his cash and replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy 
the doll, my dear.'' The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally,  I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to. 
'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much .  I wanted to Gift her for her BIRTHDAY. I have to give the doll to my mommy so  that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.' 
His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My Sister has gone to be with God.  Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so  I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.
'' My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and  add: 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until  I come back from the mall.' 
Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing.  He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so my sister  won't forget me.' 'I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister. ' Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.

I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, 
just in case you do have enough money for the doll?'' 'OK' he said, I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money. 
The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money! ' Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister. He heard me!'' 'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose. My mommy loves white roses.'

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.. Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who 
hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away.. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young 
woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. 
She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever. 
The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.
PLEASE DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE.

Now email, twit, or facebook & spread awareness
OR
Ignore it as if it never touched your heart.

For those who prefer to think that God is not watching over us....
go ahead and do nothing. For the rest of us... pass this on.
THE VALUE OF A MAN OR WOMAN RESIDES IN WHAT HE OR SHE GIVES, NOT IN WHAT HE OR SHE IS CAPABLE OF RECEIVING.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Steps in taking a leap in your business

The desire of every business person is to achieve success and make profit. But few actually achieve that feat. So how can you get the need leap needed to spur your business to the next level? Below are important tips for running a successful business: ·          Be open to new and innovative ideas. If you find yourself saying the dreaded words “that’s the way we have always done it and that’s the way we are going to keep doing it”, perhaps you are not as flexible and open as you could be.   And idea that could earn you a lot of money may be in the head of a friend or your employee who feels that you would not be receptive if he/she voiced his suggestion.   Encourage innovative and open thinking. ·          Be completely honest and ethical in every dealing that you have. It is important that you are able to walk down the street with your head held high. Being completely honest and ethical in all aspects of your business transaction will attract a lot of customers to you

How to Become a Business Consultant

The business world is full of ups and downs. It is like unstable waters that you never know the direction of its flow. Many people the world over depend on business activities for survival. In fact the economies of all nations depend largely on the activities of businesses. Without business, there will be no economy, without economy there will be no nation, without nations, there will be no existence, without the existence of all of us, there will be no world! Business is life! Business begat money that the entire world depends on. There is no human being under the sun that has never use money or will never use money, which largely accrue as a result of business activities. Becoming a business consultant is a huge money making venture to be in. This is because, everybody as well as businesses needs you to survive or make informed decision. This is an exciting area to be, don’t you think so? You are look upon like a semi-god, you are envied by your peers, you are appreciated by the peop

Christmas Jam

The season is here again. This is a season that goes with a lot of buying, exchange and celebrations. I am talking about Christmas. But what is this Christmas all about? Why is it so important to so many people across the globe? Why do people prepare so much for a one day event? Why do people spend so much this season? Christmas is consider by many as the birthday of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Saviour of the World! But was Jesus Christ actually born on this day? The Bible, the book of all books does not state when Jesus Christ was born. However, this day is considered or appointed as the day He was born and the celebration of his birth has been on for this long. This day has been very important to many people across the globe, because, it is considered by Christians and people of like faith as the day the Saviour, the deliverer was born to emancipate the human race from the claws of internal condemnation. Apart from Christians, other people of like faith including pegans